Risk aversion plunged on the positive news of the Russia-Ukraine talks. After several days of rising oil prices, the price of precious metals continued to fall. Domestic futures markets remain stable for the time being.
Back in international markets, WTI crude futures briefly dipped below $100 a barrel, while Brent crude hit its lowest intraday level in nearly two weeks. Spot gold briefly fell below $1,900 an ounce. Comex gold futures closed down 1.1 percent at $1,918.4 an ounce. Comex silver futures closed down 1.14 percent at $24.91 an ounce. "Recently, crude oil prices have been extremely sensitive to changes in geopolitical news." Traders believe that the current oil price is still in the broad impact, Ukraine will still be a premium in the case, although the market further decline, but should not be too pessimistic, it is recommended to wait and see for the time being. The Ukrainian premium is still there and there will be some volatility in the Mo2C Powder market.
About Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
The molecular formula of molybdenum carbide is Mo2C, the molecular weight is 203.88, and the carbon content is 5.89%. It is a dark gray metal powder with a closely packed hexagonal crystal lattice. The density is 9.18g/cm and the melting point is 2690℃. As a new type of functional material, it has a high melting point and hardness, good thermal and mechanical stability, and good corrosion resistance. It has been widely used in high-temperature resistance, wear-resistance and chemical corrosion resistance. field.
Molybdenum carbide has a hexagonal crystal structure, a = 0.30029nm, c = 0.472895nm. Micro Vickers hardness (load 50g) 1950kg/mm2 (compared to 2080kg of WC). / mm2 is softer) Melting point is 2687℃. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder in bulk.
Features of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Molybdenum carbide CAS 12069-89-5 is a gray hexagonal crystal. It has the characteristics of high melting point and hardness, good thermal stability and mechanical stability, and good corrosion resistance. The melting point is 2692°C. It is insoluble in water and alkaline liquid, and slightly soluble in nitric acid, sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid.
Molecular formula: Mo2C
CAS Code: 12069-89-5
Appearance and properties：gray black metal powder
Melting point: 2690℃
Technical Parameter of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
|Chemical Composition||Mo+C||C||Free C||S||O||Fe|
|Test Result (%)||99||11.3||0.2||0.02||0.4||0.12|
How is Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder produced?
1. Generally, molybdenum carbide powder is made first (using molybdenum and carbon direct chemical method, metal oxide and carbon reduction-chemical method, vapor deposition method and self-propagating high-temperature synthesis method), and then in a vacuum or reducing atmosphere in the carbon tube Furnace, molybdenum wire furnace, high-frequency vacuum furnace for sintering (reaction sintering, hot pressing sintering and hot isostatic pressing sintering are mostly used).
2. After the molybdenum powder and carbon black are fully mixed, they are ground by a ball mill and pressed into shape. In a hydrogen gas stream, the product is calcined at 1350-1500°C, and then the calcined product is cooled, crushed, and ground. Or use molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide instead of molybdenum powder reduction method.
3. Auxiliary metal bath method.
Using cobalt as the auxiliary metal, select Mo: Co to form a metal bath at a ratio of 1:(1～1.5), heat it in a pure graphite crucible with a Taman furnace in a hydrogen stream to 1800°C, and cool it (heating to 1800°C within 1h) ℃, keep at 1800℃ for 2～3h, cooling to room temperature takes 2h), crush the solidified product in the crucible, treat it with warm hydrochloric acid, and dissolve and remove the cobalt, and then obtain powdered Mo2C with a particle size of 150～350μm, the purity is: Containing 5.82%～5.85% (mass) of bound carbon, 0.26%～0.32% (mass) of free carbon, 6.08%～6.17% (mass) of total carbon.
4. Manufactured by the carbonization of metallic molybdenum.
Molybdenum trioxide MoO3 is hydrogenated and reduced to obtain molybdenum powder. Then the mixture of molybdenum powder and carbon black [Mo934% (mass) C6.6% (mass)] is dry-mixed with a ball mill for about 10 hours, and molded under pressure at a pressure of about 1t/cm2. Put the pressurized material block into a graphite pan or crucible, and heat it to 1400～1500 in a hydrogen stream (using pure hydrogen with a dew point of about -35℃) with a Taman furnace or an induction heating furnace (see picture) ℃, keep at this temperature for about 1h. Carbonize molybdenum to generate Mo2C.
5. Using synthetic methods.
First, the molybdenum powder is thoroughly mixed with carbon black [containing V6.6% (mass fraction)] according to Mo93.4% (mass fraction), then ground by a ball mill for 1 hour, pressurized to form, and put into an induction furnace. In hydrogen gas flow, calcining at 1350-1500°C for 1h, and then cooling, pulverizing and grinding the calcined product to obtain the product. Molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide can also be used instead of molybdenum powder for reduction to obtain molybdenum carbide.
Applications of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Molybdenum carbide is a new functional material with a high melting point, high hardness and excellent anti-corrosion properties. It has been widely used in various high temperature, abrasion and chemical corrosion fields. It has a similar noble metal electronic structure and catalytic performance.
1. Due to its electronic structure and catalytic performance similar to noble metals, molybdenum carbide can be widely used as a catalyst for reactions involving hydrogens, such as the isomerization of alkanes, the hydrogenation of unsaturated hydrocarbons, hydrodesulfurization and denitrification;
2. Molybdenum carbide is an important component of molybdenum-molybdenum carbide hard coatings and other cermet coatings, and can also be used alone as a wear-resistant and wear-resistant coating;
2. Molybdenum carbide is widely used in hydrogen-related reactions such as alkanes;
3. Molybdenum carbide can be used to produce chromium-free special alloys and engineering ceramics;
4. Molybdenum carbide is used as super-hard tool material, wear-resistant material, heating element material and high-temperature structural material;
5. Molybdenum carbide is used to produce wear-resistant films and semiconductor films;
6. Molybdenum carbide can be used to make chromium-free special alloys and engineering ceramics.
Storage Condition of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Damp reunion will affect Mo2C powder dispersion performance and using effects, therefore, Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder should be sealed in vacuum packing and stored in cool and dry room, the Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder can not be exposure to air. In addition, the Mo2C powder should be avoided under stress.
Packing & Shipping of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
We have many different kinds of packing which depends on the Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder quantity.
Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder packing: vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea , by air, by express as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including boride powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, sulfide powder, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality Mo2C powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
Molybdenum Carbide Properties
|Other Names||dimolybdenum carbide, Mo2C powder|
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
Molybdenum Carbide Health & Safety Information
Affected by the present complex international situation and the epidemic, the future of global financial markets, futures markets, and stock markets is still highly uncertain. For this reason, I suppose the price of the Mo2C Powder would continue to rise.
Adding high-efficient water reducing agent is the most direct and effective means to adjust and optimize the ratio of concrete and improve and strengthen the properties of concrete, which can meet the requirements of most concrete construction at pre…
Hasad Foods, the agricultural investment arm of Qatar's sovereign wealth fund, said the government would increase its grain reserves from 250,000 tons to 300,000 tons in the near future, which is enough to feed the population for six months. With a…
Foam concrete is a lightweight, easy-to-use, and easy-to-finish material. For home improvement projects, such as building decks or other areas on the property, foam concrete may be a wise choice.…