Overview of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder
Chromium oxide is an inorganic substance with the chemical formula Cr2O3. It is a light green to dark green small hexagonal crystal. Turns brown when hot, and remains green when cold. The crystals are extremely hard and stable, and there is no change even when hydrogen is introduced under red heat. Soluble in heated potassium bromate solution, slightly soluble in acids and bases, almost insoluble in water, ethanol and acetone. Also stimulating.
Preparation of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder
It is prepared by mixing potassium dichromate and sulfur and performing reduction reaction through wet grinding, hot water washing, pressure filtration, drying and crushing.
K2Cr2O7 + S = K2SO4 + Cr2O3
Chromium trioxide decomposition method
It can be obtained by thermal decomposition of chromic anhydride at 1100°C, cooling and high-speed pulverization. Due to the high temperature required, a single-phase electric furnace is generally used for heating.
4CrO3= 2Cr2O3 + 3O2↑ (Condition: Heating at 1100°C)
Chromium hydroxide decomposition method
Or thermally decomposed with chromium hydroxide at high temperature, washed, dried and pulverized.
2Cr(OH)3= Cr2O3 + 3H2O
Ammonium dichromate decomposition method
(NH4)2Cr2O7= N2↑ + Cr2O3+ 4H2O
Application of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder
1. Lead chrome green is the main coloring pigment in the paint industry, and most green paints are formulated with this pigment. Also, it is used in paints and plastics. Its application range is very similar to that of lead chrome yellow. Due to the presence of chrome yellow in the ingredients, the toxicity of lead should be noted in its application. Lead chrome green contains iron blue and oxidant lead chromate, so when the dust encounters sparks, there is a possibility of spontaneous combustion, so be careful when drying and crushing. Lead chrome green completely loses the characteristics of green pigment after burning and turns into a dark brown-yellow substance. In addition, in the production of nitro paint, the rolling process is not directly rolled with lead chrome green,
2. Used in metallurgy, ceramics, chromium oxide refractories, pigment industrial raw materials and organic synthesis catalysts.
3. Used as analytical reagents and catalysts.
4. It is used as a coloring, wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant filler for adhesives and sealants. It can also be used as a colorant for enamel, ceramics, artificial leather and building materials, a catalyst for organic chemical synthesis, a light-resistant coating and a special ink for printing money.
5. Used as a colorant for cosmetics, mainly for eye makeup, not for oral and lip makeup, not recommended for facial makeup and nail polish.
6. Chromium oxide is one of the main components of silver plating bright liquid. The newly prepared chromium trioxide is an important raw material for the preparation of chromium fluoride and chromium bromide.
Chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder price
The price of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder will change randomly with the production cost of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder, transportation cost, international situation, market supply and demand and other factors. Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. aims to help industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality products, customized services, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full range of customized solutions. If you are looking for Titanium Nitride TiN products, please feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest Chromium Oxide Cr2O3 powder prices (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder supplier
Tanki New Materials Ltd. is a global supplier of chromium oxide Cr2O3 powders with extensive experience in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced and engineered materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder, Cr2O3 powder, chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder, etc.) high-purity targets, functional ceramics and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
If you are looking for high quality chromium oxide Cr2O3 powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (email@example.com).
|Cr2O3 Powder CAS 1308-38-9 Chrome Oxide Green Properties|
|Other Names||chromium oxide, chrome oxide, green chrome oxide|
|Solubility in H2O||No|
|Cr2O3 Powder Chrome Oxide Green Health & Safety Information|
Green chromium oxide (Cr2O3 powder) is extremely stable and has excellent weather resistance. Insoluble in water, acid and organic solvents, slightly soluble in sodium hydroxide solution. Used in metallurgy, also used as ceramics, refractory material…
Aluminum nitride is a refractory composite ceramic material with a hexagonal wurtzite structure.…
Global inflation is running at its fastest pace in decades this year as high and persistently volatile commodity prices, coupled with the impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on slowing global growth, have significantly slowed economic growth and th…