What is Magnesium Nitride
What is Magnesium-Nitride?
Magnesium nitride is an inorganic molecule with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It is part of the cubic crystals system. At temperatures at room temperature, pure magnesium nutride is a color of yellow and green but magnesium nitride with parts of magnesium oxide impurities can be grayish white.
The magnesium nitride's molar mass is 100.95g/mol. This mineral's density is 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium Nitride is completely dissolved in water and acid, however, it is partially dissolvable in the ethanol and ether.
The melting point of magnesium nitride is 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, along with other metal nitrides water to produce ammonia. It is often used as a catalyst. React with acid or aqueous nonmetallic oxides and form ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium Nitride is a clay-like substance found in nature. Magnesium Nitride has a high corrosion resistance, which greatly increases production efficiency. Magnesium nitride also has high thermal conductivity, aswell with high corrosion resistance and temperature resistance. Magnesium Nitride has an additional importance because it is used as a catalyst used in the synthesis of boron nitrogen.
What is Magnesium nitride Used for?
1. Use as a catalyst to creating the nitride elements with high hardness as well as high thermal conductivity, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and high temperature resistance. The first successful synthesizing of cubic boron it was the catalyst that was used, magnesium Nitride.
2. Useful for high strength steel Smelting additives. Magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) replaces the magnesium that has been desulphurized for construction Smelting, which can help for increasing the density, strength tension, and bearing force of steel. In addition, the process of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationwill reduce the amount of components, thereby helping lower the cost of production for construction steel.
3. For the preparation of special ceramic materials;
4. For the production of a special alloy foaming agent;
5. Special glass for manufacturing;
6. For catalytic polymer crosslinking;
7. To recycle radioactive waste
How to Make Magnesium Nitride?
Presently, the primary preparation methods of magnesium nitride consist of direct reaction method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, reaction method of magnesium and nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow and the magnesium coil explosion method in nitrogen atmosphere as well as low-pressure chemical gas complementing product method, self-propagating high temperature synthesis method, nano-magnesium nitride synthesis methods as well as other methods.
Recently, G. Soto et al. created amorphous magnesium Nitride films with different Mg:N ratios on Si substrates within a molecular-nitrogen environment through Deposition using pulses of laser. These techniques limit their production in the industrial sector due to expensive costs, long processes and complex operation of equipment or low yields of magnesium nitride.
While the direct reaction of magnesium powder in nitrogen has commercial value, the manufacture of magnesium oxide powder requires higher temperature for the reaction and a long response time. In addition, the particle's shape is not perfect and easy to agglomerate and therefore, does not meet the specifications of industrial quality. The decomposition of NH3 may be accomplished into Nbreaking bonds faster than N2 and decomposed H2 may inhibit the formation of MgO. Thus, ammonia gases could be used as the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. employed liquid ammonia as a nitrogen source for the preparation of magnesium nitride material by direct Nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions can be drawn: Through thermodynamic analysis, liquid ammonia can react with magnesium powder far more easily than nitrogen to produce magnesium nitride. magnesium nitride in the highest purity and uniform particles can be produced at 600 and an ammonia atmosphere for 1 h, then heated up to 800°C, with an ammonia flow rate 500ml/min and an nitriding duration of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Disperser
We are a reliable world-wide chemical material provider and manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing premium chemicals and nanomaterials. These include silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide calcium nitride 3D printing powder etc.
If you're seeking high-quality Mg3N2 powder Please feel free to get in touch with us and make an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)