Aluminum nitride (AlN) is widely used as a substrate and packaging material for electronic devices due to its excellent electrical and thermal properties, such as high thermal conductivity, high resistivity, low dielectric constant, and thermal expansion coefficient similar to silicon. AlN particles are the main candidate filler for preparing high-performance plastic packaging by combining with polymers. However, the angular morphology of most commercial AlN particles often limits the flowability of powder/polymer mixtures, leading to poor packing density and thus reducing the thermal conductivity of composite materials. In order to further promote the application of aluminum nitride, it is crucial to synthesize spherical AlN particles that exhibit excellent fluidity and dispersibility in polymer matrices.
Additives are important in improving the nitriding rate, forming spherical morphology, and increasing particle size. Simultaneously adding CaF and YF can achieve the highest nitriding rate for all samples, while the presence of too much CaF232 seems to delay the nitriding process at specific temperatures. However, the calcium aluminate formed during the synthesis process often decreases and further volatilizes at high temperatures. By studying the weight changes during the carbon thermal reduction nitriding process, the reaction mechanisms of different additives in the system were revealed.
Spherical AlN (aluminum nitride) is an excellent insulation material with high thermal conductivity, low coefficient of thermal expansion, high electrical insulation performance, strength, and processing performance. Its thermal conductivity is much higher than other non-metallic materials, making it suitable for electronic packaging, LED lighting, power electronics and other fields.
Characteristics of Spherical AlN Aluminum Nitride:
- High thermal conductivity: Aluminum nitride has a thermal conductivity of over 200W/m ยท K, which has high thermal conductivity and can effectively solve the heat dissipation problem of electronic devices.
- Low thermal expansion coefficient: The thermal expansion coefficient of aluminum nitride is similar to that of silicon, which means it can effectively alleviate damage and warping caused by thermal expansion, thereby improving the reliability of electronic packaging.
- High electrical insulation performance: Aluminum nitride has the characteristics of high breakdown voltage and high resistivity, making it an ideal choice for high-voltage insulation materials.
- Strength and processing performance: Aluminum nitride has good mechanical strength and processing performance, which can meet the processing needs of various complex shapes.
Application of Spherical AlN Aluminum Nitride:
- Electronic packaging: The high thermal conductivity and low coefficient of thermal expansion of aluminum nitride make it an ideal choice for producing high-performance electronic packaging materials.
- LED lighting: Aluminum nitride can be used as a heat dissipation material for LED lighting fixtures, improving their heat dissipation performance and lifespan.
- Power Electronics: In the field of power electronics, aluminum nitride can be used as insulation and heat dissipation materials in semiconductor devices, integrated circuits, and other fields.
TRUNNANO is a supplier of molybdenum disulfide with over 12 years of experience in the manufacturing of chemical materials. It accepts payments through credit cards, T/T, Western Union transfers, and PayPal. Trunnano will ship the goods to overseas clients through FedEx, DHL, and air or sea freight. If you want high-quality spherical AlN Aluminum Nitride, please get in touch with us and inquire.